Green Foods, Organic Matcha, 11oz
Organically grown and hand-picked in its native Japan, our Matcha is specially cultivated to achieve a bright green color, velvety soft texture, and the ultimate in both taste and aroma.
What is Matcha?
Green tea — and matcha specifically — is treasured over the world for its dynamic properties, many of which are now supported by science, as well as its phenomenal taste.
Whereas many green teas contain only parts of the tea leaf, our matcha makes use of the entire leaf. Each plant is cultivated by local farmers in Japan, who take great pride in cultivating their crops using traditional methods that date back more than eight centuries. The plants are protected from sunlight, a practice that further boosts the tea’s chlorophyll levels, and the leaves are picked by hand, with coarse fibers, stems, and other debris quickly discarded.
As the leaves are meticulously sorted, they’re also separated into grades. The prized “ceremonial grade” is reserved for the youngest and highest quality leaves. Those leaves are then ground using a stone mill until a uniquely shaped powder molecule emerges.
The result? A mild, smooth, refined product that’s a pleasure to consume.
Benefits of Drinking Matcha Green Tea
• Antioxidants: One serving of our matcha green tea provides a wealth of antioxidants that protect the body against damaging free radicals, potentially strengthening your immune system in the process. Matcha is also the only source of a catechin called EGCG that may help minimize your risk for many conditions.
• L-Theanine: This amino acid, which appears to act on neurotransmitters, is known for its ability to relax the mind and improve cognition, sleep, and mood. Rest and destress with a cup of matcha in the afternoon, use it to help focus on demanding mental tasks, or take inspiration from Buddhist monks and use it in support of your daily meditation.
• Chlorophyll: Soak in this whole-leaf source of high-quality chlorophyll — Mother Nature’s prescription for detox — and support your body’s innate mechanisms for eliminating harmful toxins.
- Our special processing of the matcha plants provides the leaves with high levels of chlorophyll
- Matcha is exceptionally potent because we take advantage of the tea's full potential by using the entire leaf
- Our matcha green tea provides an orca of 1,774 units in one single serving. Ingredients: Organic brown rice solids, organic matcha green tea. Contains no: Added salt or colorings. Free of animal products, gluten, soy, corn, wheat and yeast
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.