Monterey, (LG4102) - Florel® Brand Growth Regulator Dual Use, Nutrient Supplement and Spray for Plant Growth (1 pt.)
Regular price $29.00
Florel Brand Growth Regulator Dual Use. This growth regulator stops the mess! Primarily it prevents nuisance fruit formation on ornamental trees and shrubs such as Apple, Buckeye, Carob, Crab apple, Elm, Flowering Pear, Horse chestnut, Maple, Oak, Olive, Sour Orange, Sweet Gum/Liquidambar, Sycamore and many more. This product has numerous additional use cases. It can also be used for mistletoe removal from ornamental conifers and deciduous trees, increase lateral branching, defoliation, flower induction of ornamental bromeliads, reduction of daffodil plant height, hybrid seed production of cantaloupe, cucumber, pumpkin and squash, and more. This 1 gallon concentrate must be diluted with the appropriate amount of water depending on the use case. May be used as a foliar spray to treat ornamental and greenhouse plants. About Monterey: Monterey Lawn and Garden Products is a leading manufacturer of plant protection chemicals and fertilizers. We strive to offer home gardeners the same professional-grade technology available to the agricultural industry. Our growing line of products provide economical and effective solutions to yard and garden problems and are properly registered and labeled to be sold to and used by the home gardener. Florel brand Growth Regulator is registered to reduce or eliminate undesirable fruit development on many ornamental trees and shrubs such as: apple, buckeye, carob, cottonwood, crabapple, elm, flowering pear, horse chestnut, maple, oak, olive, pine, sour orange, sweet gum (liquidambar) and sycamore. It also works on many other species that produce nuisance fruit. Application must be made prior to fruit set; apply at the mid to full-bloom stage in sufficient water to wet (do not spray to run off). Good spray coverage is essential for complete fruit elimination. Application made too early or too late will also not be effective. Apply at 1 quart per 10 gallons of water (3 oz./gallon). The amount of spray used will depend upon the size of the tree. Temperatures at the time of application should be between 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 95 degrees Fahrenheit for the best results. Do not apply to trees that are under stress from disease, high temperatures, drought, etc. In university tests, we have received 95-100 percent control of undesirable fruit on many species. However, timing is extremely critical! Florel brand Growth Regulator is the only product registered in the U.S. to control mistletoe. It can be used on ornamental deciduous trees to control leafy mistletoe and on conifers for dwarf mistletoe control. On deciduous trees, the ideal time to apply is in the spring just before leaf-out. Daytime temperatures must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for good results. Spray only the individual bunches of mistletoe, not the entire tree. Complete kill will not be achieved, but it should be about four years before you will have to retreat. On conifers for dwarf mistletoe, apply in early summer prior to seed dispersal.
- STOPS FRUIT - The tree growth regulator prevents fruit or food formation on numerous fruit trees listed on the label, including apple, maple, chestnut, olive, sweet orange and more. It works best when applied once during full bloom in the spring.
- BRANCH CONTROL - A foliar spray with this growth regulator will increase lateral branching in a number of ornamental trees and shrubs, both outdoors and in a greenhouse so your plants will thrive.
- HYBRID SEED PRODUCTION - Florel growth regulator modifies the flowering patterns of cantaloupe, cucumber, squash, and pumpkins for hybrid seed production. Plants sprayed with it often flower 7 to 10 days earlier than plants not treated.
- VERSATILE USE - This product can be used for fruit growth prevention, mistletoe control, lateral branching, defoliation of roses, flowering of ornamental bromeliads, hybrid seed production and more. Made for residential and commercial applications.
- EASY TO USE - Simply mix the Florel Brand Growth Regulator concentrate with the appropriate amount of water based on the desired use case and spray to apply.