Frontier, Licorice Root 1lb
Add sweetness with a spicy kick to any beverage or food. Cut and sifted licorice root delivers 30-50 times more sweetness than pure sugar and has an enhancing aroma too. From Eastern Europe and Asia, Frontier Co-op Licorice Root is the perfect flavoring agent and aroma enhancer for teas, cookies, fruit juices, syrups, and more. Add it to DIY cosmetics too.
- LICORICE (LIQUORICE) - Our licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.) is sourced from Eastern Europe and Asia. It delivers a very sweet flavor familiar in many foods and beverages across the globe.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT - Licorice is most commonly added to many foods, and beverages to increase sweetness and add a spicy, mellow flavor. Licorice is naturally very sweet—30 to 50 times sweeter than traditional sugar—and is also known as sweet root.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Enjoy the refreshing taste of licorice and its luscious aftertaste. Whether it’s used in a drink or in a prepared food product, it's the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. Licorice root has an aroma similar to sassafras, star anise, fennel, and tarragon. It makes a refreshing herbal tonic.
- ORGANIC FROM TURKEY - Frontier Co-op Organic Licorice Root is a kosher high-quality root, processed and cultivated in Turkey. There are no artificial additives or chemicals used during any step of the growing process.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.