Frontier, European Whole Elderberries 1lb
Regular price $16.95
- TOP-QUALITY ELDERBERRIES - Frontier Co-op Elderberries (botanical name: Sambucus nigra) are part of the honeysuckle family. They are attractive, dark berries that are used to make jams, syrups, juices, and wine. They are often part of sweet treats, too – such as pies, crumbles, and more.
- FLAVORFUL, VERSATILE BERRIES - Elderberries deliver flexible options for many culinary needs. They are used in sweet syrups and desserts, and they provide a pleasant, fruity aroma. This dark, purple berry also complements teas and warming winter cordials.
- ROBUST AND TANGY - European elderberries are not the sweetest variety of berries available, but they are tart or bitter depending on the way you use them. Their flavor develops when mixed in foods or drinks.
- SUSTAINABLY GROWN IN BULGARIA - Our Bulgarian farmers grow these berries using non-irradiated processes and harvest them at the peak of their flavor. They maintain the plant’s moisture using unique and clean cropping techniques. Frontier Co-op Elderberries are also 100% kosher certified.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.