Frontier Co-op, Turmeric Root, 1lb Bulk Bag
Regular price $28.00
- ORGANIC TURMERIC ROOT - Frontier Co-op Organic Turmeric Root (Curcuma Longa) is the rhizome (root) of a flowering plant in the ginger family that is native to Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent. The rhizomes are extracted and used for various foods, especially in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines. In cut and sifted form, it adds flavoring to mustards, baked goods, and more.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT - This turmeric root is cut and sifted to both enhance the flavor and bring out a yellowish-gold color. Use some in biscuit mixes, sauces, and mustard, or add some to enhance your latest baked dish. Its golden touch of color brings a bitter flavor to deliver that mustard-like appeal to your table.
- ROBUST, BITTER FLAVOR - Turmeric is most commonly linked with curry, especially Indian curry. You can also add it to mustards, pickles, dressings, eggs, and rice. It adds a pungent, bitter flavor to any dish.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC - Frontier Co-op Organic Turmeric Root is sourced from India, Nicaragua, and Guatemala using organic and non-irradiated methods. Our cut and sifted Turmeric is also kosher. There are no artificial additives or chemicals used at any stage of growing and manufacturing.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.